I don’t often get philosophical – I’m more of a practical person. I like to find solutions to problems and tackle tasks as soon as possible.
But, recently I realised, when it comes to style, I DO have a philosophy.
Developing this philosophy hasn’t happened overnight. It has developed slowly, over a long period of time, like an imprint pressed into rock by the force of a fast moving river.
My philosophy has been distilled from hundreds of hours spent helping some amazing women to develop their authentic personal style.
These nine points make up my Style Manifesto. I strongly believe that you can’t go far wrong if you stick to these key principles most of the time. They form the basis of the techniques that I use to help my clients to develop the sort of inner confidence that comes from knowing you look and feel great.
- Clothes in the right colour palette for your skin tone will give your skin a glow and your eyes a sparkle.
- Being at the cutting-edge of fashion doesn’t always deliver style.
- Buy fashionable pieces ONLY when they suit your specific body shape.
- You don’t have to spend a fortune to look fantastic – designer clothes are lovely, but looking incredible in high street brands is totally doable.
- If in doubt choose the clothes that are the same shape as your body.
- Unrequited love is painful and very uncool – only wear the clothes that will love you back as much as you love them.
- Don’t force yourself into clothes that make you feel inauthentic. If you are wearing something that makes you feel too sensible, manly or cheap, there’s a good chance that it just isn’t the right style for you.
- Working with an image consultant does NOT mean throwing everything in your wardrobe into the dustbin. There are plenty of ways to repurpose what you already own to work better for your body.
- Rather than try to imitate someone else’s style, use it for inspiration then develop a personal style that’s all your own and stick with it.
Did you enjoy reading this? Then let's keep in touch!
I send out my popular Style Notes newsletter once a fortnight - it's full of my favourite tried and tested style tips to help you shine and feel at your best. Because it's not about what clothes you wear, it's about how they make you feel - and I believe every woman deserves to feel her very best, every day! Sign up below to join my mailing list - and you'll receive the next issue direct to your inbox.
I LOVE this. The thing about wearing clothes that are the same shape as your body is a game-changer for me!