As this is my last blog post of 2017 I’m going all out with the sparkle. Your clothing style will determine how much, (if any) sparkle you will feel good in. If your best style is:
- Classic. Limited sparkle. This may be a step too far for your simple and elegant style. Stick to sparkly jewellery.
- Full-on sparkle. Your quirky style means you can take the sparkle from head to toe.
- Gentle and pretty sparkle. You definitely suit a fair amount of sparkle but keep it dainty.
- Natural. Sparkle-free zone. Step aside and admire the sparkles from afar.
N.B. If your best style is natural but you also suit some, (even a little bit) of the girly or dramatic style you will feel good in a touch of sparkle. So do read on!
1. Pyjamas If you don’t plan on getting dressed on 25th December, how about some sparkly PJ’s?!
2. Christmas Jumper If you are turned off by the usual Christmas jumper style, try a sophisticated version. This is perfect if you have some girly in your style.
3. Shoes An easy and glam way to add sparkle to your outfit is in your footwear. And they’ll go with anything. Cinderella Sparkle Shoes.
4. Earrings If you’d like to sparkle with subtlety, try some glitzy earrings.
5. Bracelet. A sparkly bracelet worn with a neutral outfit can look VERY glamorous and understated. Let the jewellery take centre stage!
6. Handbag Any outfit will benefit from a shiny bag. And this gorgeous accessory is not just for Christmas, a bag like this would look great with a white or cream outfit in the summertime.
7. Skirt. I adore this style of skirts (although sadly I have to admire from afar…they are SO not right for me!). They work really well on curvy figure types (waists and hips).
8. A jacket Liven up your outfit with a sequin jacket. Equally great for livening up jeans as over your party dress! Remember to choose one that is a flattering length for your figure type (avoid the hemline sitting on your widest part).
9. Nails. A festive way to luxe up your outfit.
10. Tights. This season embellished or patterned tights are a real feature of your outfit. This glitter pair will bring some festive spirit to your outfit.
Whichever way you choose to sparkle this festive season, have fun, enjoy the festivities and I will be back next year!
Photo by Tom Rickhuss on Unsplash
Did you enjoy reading this? Then let's keep in touch!
I send out my popular Style Notes newsletter once a fortnight - it's full of my favourite tried and tested style tips to help you shine and feel at your best. Because it's not about what clothes you wear, it's about how they make you feel - and I believe every woman deserves to feel her very best, every day! Sign up below to join my mailing list - and you'll receive the next issue direct to your inbox.